Desktop Automation Made Simple With Karate Robot.
Did you know that Karate open source supports windows desktop automation?
- Available as a standalone binary
- Native Mouse Events
- Native Keyboard Events
- Windows object-recognition using Microsoft UI Automation
- Navigation via image detection- cross-platform (mac, win, linux) via JavaCPP and OpenCV
- OCR driven navigation and text extraction - cross-platform (mac, win, linux) via JavaCPP and Tesseract
- Tightly integrated into Karate- which means a debugger, HTML reports, and more
Robert Iwanik at Illumina shares their experience with Karate Robot for windows desktop automation.
- Clicking the native “File Upload” button in a Web Page -Link
- details, code and explanation here
- Clicking a button in an iOS Mobile Emulator -Link
- Windows automation by natively accessing UI controls and the window / object tree -Link
- Refer to the examples/robot-test project which is a stand-alone Maven project that can be used as a starting point
- Opening a browser tab and performing actions -Link
The karate-robot capabilities are not part of the karate-core, because they bring in a few extra dependencies.
Get started with Karate Robot here.